My MIL gave me this recipe, it uses old fashioned rolled oats, yogurt, and ww flour, no white flour at all. Extremely moist, lots of flavor
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain yogurt (fat free is great)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (you name it) or 1 cup apples (you name it) or 1 cup pumpkin (you name it) or 1 cup rhubarb (you name it)
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- soak yogurt and oats while you assemble the rest.
- sift dry ingredients (not sugar) together.
- stir one at a time into rolled oat and yogurt mixture: egg, then oil, then sugar, mix well.
- sift over dry ingredients, add fruit and fold in just to barely mix.
- bake 20 minutes.