My MIL gave me this recipe, it uses old fashioned rolled oats, yogurt, and ww flour, no white flour at all. Extremely moist, lots of flavor
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain yogurt (fat free is great)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (you name it) or 1 cup apples (you name it) or 1 cup pumpkin (you name it) or 1 cup rhubarb (you name it)
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- soak yogurt and oats while you assemble the rest.
- sift dry ingredients (not sugar) together.
- stir one at a time into rolled oat and yogurt mixture: egg, then oil, then sugar, mix well.
- sift over dry ingredients, add fruit and fold in just to barely mix.
- bake 20 minutes.
DELICIOUS!!! I made only slight changes based upon what I had at home to work with. I used plain ff Greek style yogurt (drinkable so it's the consistency of buttermilk). Used the amount of brown sugar called for but kept the measurement loose rather than packed down. Used 1/4 egg beaters for the one egg called for (shaved off one point). Replaced fresh blueberries for 1/2 cup dried since we do not currently have blueberries at the market. Also added a touch of cinnamon as another reviewer suggested and a 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Slight changes but still magnificent!
These muffins are so tasty and sooooo good!! We loved them! Used a little less brown sugar and low fat yogurt. The mix was very thick but the muffins turned out perfect! Great light muffins! Thanks MM! :)
This is my second review.These are wonderful First time I followed recipe to a t-brilliant and moist.Second time added pineapple chunks drained along with white choc chips.Third trime added chopped apple and in the middle put a small spoonful of Raspberry jam-really went well together.My children love them and they are so healthy with the oats ,yoghurt and fruit.You can use fruit yoghurts too-full fat whatever. They are one of the most moist and flavourful wholewheat muffin I have tasted!!!!!!!! So easy to make as well-real quick!!!!!