Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These hashbrowns are really good! They were originally made with mashed potatoes, but I experimented with the recipe and came up with these. You can add whatever seasonings you like or prefer. These are really tasty with eggs for breakfast. This recipe is also a doubled recipe.
- Combine drained, shredded potatoes with onion. Mix well.
- Add seasonings, flour, and butter.
- Add eggs and stir until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Scoop the potatoe mixture, draining any extra liquid, into the frying pan.
- Flatten mounds slightly to the thickness you desire.
- Cook until bottom is brown and sides are crispy.
- Flip patty over and brown on the other side.
Delicious and very easy! I've never been very talented with hash browns but these hold together quite nicely, cook through easily, and even reheat well. Served as part of "breakfast for dinner," my kids' favorite meal. Instead of adobo seasoning, I used Penzey's Northwoods blend. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2009.