1/4 Photos of Any Muffins Recipe
Tornado Ali's Note:
This basic muffin recipe can make hundreds of different types of muffins,just by adding your choice of additions! Easy to memorize, you too can be called "The Muffin Queen" by your friends like I am! Comes from "The Tightwad Gazette."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (or other liquid, such as drained pineapple juice, orange juice, etc...)
- 1/4 cup oil or 1/4 cup oil substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups fruit, additions (or vegetable, such as 1 cup mashed banana and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts)
- spices, of your choice
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2Grease 12 muffin cups, or 24 mini muffin cups.
- 3Combine dry ingredients, including dry additions (like nuts, chocolate chips, etc -- ) and spices.
- 4Combine wet ingredients, including wet additions (like banana, berries, pineapple, etc -- ).
- 5Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full (perfectly ok if you have leftover batter to fill cups to top.).
- 6Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- 8To make non-sweet muffins, such as bacon and cheddar, just cut back on the sugar to 1 tablespoon. You can make your own "jiffy" corn muffins by substituting 1/2 cup corn meal for 1/2 cup of the flour, and using 2 tablespoons of sugar. Substitute peanut butter for the oil to give your muffins a peanutty taste (I make Elvis Muffins by using 2 mashed bananas, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts and then peanut butter for the oil.).
- 9If your additions are very wet (such as crushed pineapple) then use up to 1/2 cup more flour, to equal up to 2 cups total flour.
- 10Play around with this! It's easy and quick!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Any Muffins Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 173.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: