1/1 Photo of Apple Jack Breakfast Wraps
I make these when we go camping. Very hearty and filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups peeled cored and diced tart green apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 2 10 inch whole wheat tortillas (I also have used apple cinnamon tortillas when I can get them)
- 1In a bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients; toss to coat apples evenly.
- 2In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add the apple mixture; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- 4Add in the milk and stir to mix.
- 5Gradually stir in the oatmeal.
- 6Lower the heat and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed by the oatmeal.
- 7Remove skillet from the heat and add vanilla.
- 8Evenly spread the apple butter on the two tortillas, leaving a 1-inch border aroung the edge.
- 9Spoon the apple-oatmeal mixture onto the tortillas and roll-up/wrap.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Jack Breakfast Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 736.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 79.8 g
- Protein 16.1 g