This is a combination of a couple of recipes. I wanted an apple muffin recipe with oatmeal in it and a streusel on top. I also had one with a caramel drizzle so I just combined the best of three recipes! This can be doubled.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cored cored and peeled diced apples
- 1⁄2 cup oats (quick or regular)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place oatmeal in a blender or processor for 2 min or till makes course flour.
- In a bowl combine first 7 ingredients (dry).
- Make a well in the center and add egg, milk and margarine, stir just till moist, don't over stir.
- Add apples.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and blend with a fork.
- Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or till tops test done.
- While they bake, place all caramel drizzle ingredients except powdered sugar in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend in powdered sugar.
- Remove muffins from oven and then from pan.
- Place on wire rack and drizzle all with caramel drizzle. Cool and store in airtight container.