1/1 Photo of Apple Streusel Muffins
This is a combination of a couple of recipes. I wanted an apple muffin recipe with oatmeal in it and a streusel on top. I also had one with a caramel drizzle so I just combined the best of three recipes! This can be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 cups cored cored and peeled diced apples
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place oatmeal in a blender or processor for 2 min or till makes course flour.
- 3In a bowl combine first 7 ingredients (dry).
- 4Make a well in the center and add egg, milk and margarine, stir just till moist, don't over stir.
- 5Add apples.
- 6Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- 8Place all ingredients in a small bowl and blend with a fork.
- 9Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- 10Bake 15-20 minutes or till tops test done.
- 11While they bake, place all caramel drizzle ingredients except powdered sugar in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and blend in powdered sugar.
- 13Remove muffins from oven and then from pan.
- 14Place on wire rack and drizzle all with caramel drizzle. Cool and store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Streusel Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 278.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g