Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Weight Watchers, "Make it in Minutes" -- 4 Points per serving. Served at room temp, usually.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Put potato in saucepan and cover with water by 3 inches. Cover pan and bring to boil over high heat; boil 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and boil an additional 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine whole eggs and egg whites, milk, salt, baking powder, and three tablespoons of the parmesan cheese in a bowl. Mix in the potato and asparagus.
- Heat an oven proof nonstick pan, spray with nonstick spray and add the onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for two minutes.
- Add the egg mixture and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until almost set, about ten minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to the oven to cook for about five minutes, until browned.
- Invert onto a plate and cut into wedges prior to serving.
This made a wonderful and filling brunch. I think it would be equally good for a light dinner. After cooking the potato until almost done, the asparagus was tossed in the pan. Mixed the egg whites with egg substitute and remaining ingredients which were then poured over the potato mixture. In place of the chopped onion, I used 3 green onions sliced. I did the flip the frittata onto a plate and then slide it back into the pan instead of putting it in the oven. As I said, this made a wonderful brunch.