Quick, easy and tasty do-ahead breakfast. I made it for a church brunch today and got great reviews. Enjoy!
- Melt butter and swirl to cover bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Spread potatoes (still frozen is okay) in bottom of pan.
- Top with chopped onions, ham and asparagus.
- Salt and pepper slightly.
- Sprinkle 1 cup swiss cheese on top.
- At this point you can continue or casserole may be refrigerated overnight.
- Pour beaten eggs over hash browns & vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 Swiss cheese and return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Loved it! I omitted the ham. Made half of the pan with fresh steamed asparagus and half with fresh mushrooms. Easy and Yummy!
We made this for our church potluck and got lots of requests. As asparagus is in season now, this was the perfect dish. Thanks BB.
Very tasty. I added extra cheese, because we love cheese. I did saute the onions a bit beforehand. I don't know why, but in dishes like this, the onion doesn't cook all that well and has a raw bite to it. I also pre-cooked the asparagus a little. Worked out perfect. :)