A recipe for springtime from the San Francisco Chronicle.
Make and share this Asparagus Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bring a large skillet of salted water to a boil.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and plunge in ice water to stop cooking immediately. When cool, cut asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat eggs and blend with cheese, asparagus and salt.
- When butter is melted, reduce heat to medium-low and add eggs to skillet.
- Cook until bottom is set, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until top is set. Or broil for a brown top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.