1/12 Photos of Asparagus Frittata
A recipe for springtime from the San Francisco Chronicle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Bring a large skillet of salted water to a boil.
- 2Cook asparagus in boiling water until just tender.
- 3Drain and plunge in ice water to stop cooking immediately. When cool, cut asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- 4Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat eggs and blend with cheese, asparagus and salt.
- 5When butter is melted, reduce heat to medium-low and add eggs to skillet.
- 6Cook until bottom is set, about 5-7 minutes.
- 7Transfer skillet to oven and bake until top is set. Or broil for a brown top.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 310.9 mg
- Sodium 326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g