Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is Day 6: Lunch, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You can serve this frittata hot or cold, and it can be made the night before, so you can take it to work the next day! This lunch is to be followed by an afternoon snack of 1 small apple.
- cooking spray
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 170 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 40 g baby rocket
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons baby capers, rinsed and drained
- Preheat grill.
- Spray small frying pan with cooking oil; cook onion over heat, stirring, one minute. Add asparagus; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, egg whites, and cheese in a medium jug. pour over asparagus mixture in pan. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until frittata is browned underneath.
- Place pan under grill for about 5 minutes or until frittata is set.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, serve frittata with salad.
For a "diet" frittata, this tastes great! The only thing I left out is the capers, as we don't like the taste. Served with a large green salad and baby potatoes boiled.
Yum Yum, Made this for Sunday Breakfast (Day 7) Only ate 1/4 of it, but paired it with a whole wheat english muffin and a tbsp of organic jam, will bring left overs to work tomorrow. :) Added some S& P, paprika and a sprinkle of basil and a touch of ham I had leftover from an earlier lunch.