Cook2 hrs 30 mins
A creamy quiche best made with fresh asparagus. Cook time includes pastry resting time.
Make and share this Asparagus Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- Pastry: In a food processor, pulse the flour and salt to mix; add the butter and egg and pulse just until ball forms; remove onto a sheet of plastic wrap; form a disk, wrap tightly and refrigerate 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 10" to 11" circle and fit into an 8" glass pie pan; trim away excess, crimp edges and refrigerate another 30 minutes.
- Filling: Preheat the oven to 425°; blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 2 minutes; drain and plunge into an ice bath, drain well;.
- Mix the eggs and cream; season with salt and pepper and add chives; place the asparagus on the pastry and pour in the cream mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350° and bake another 40 minutes or until set and lightly browned; let rest a few minutes before serving.