1/1 Photo of Avocado Paste Sandwich
We have an avocado tree and I make these sandwiches for myself all the time. My 16 month old does not like avocados and this is the only way he'll eat them. There is a variety that tastes very buttery and my grandmother used to call the avocado "poor man's butter" because she would use it on bread instead of butter when times were hard. By itself the paste is an excellent first food for baby.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Smash avocado on a plate with a fork.
- 2Spread between two pieces of bread.
- 4Omit the bread and the paste alone makes a good first baby food.
- 5If I'm packing this for lunch sometimes I'll rub the avocado with a cut lime before making the paste.
- 6For the adults we add a pinch of salt. Baby/toddler - no salt.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Paste Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: