We have an avocado tree and I make these sandwiches for myself all the time. My 16 month old does not like avocados and this is the only way he'll eat them. There is a variety that tastes very buttery and my grandmother used to call the avocado "poor man's butter" because she would use it on bread instead of butter when times were hard. By itself the paste is an excellent first food for baby.
- Smash avocado on a plate with a fork.
- Spread between two pieces of bread.
- Omit the bread and the paste alone makes a good first baby food.
- If I'm packing this for lunch sometimes I'll rub the avocado with a cut lime before making the paste.
- For the adults we add a pinch of salt. Baby/toddler - no salt.