Excellent muffin recipe. I usually make them for a breakfast dish. This recipe is from the "Family Circle" or "Woman's Day" magazine, 2005.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a dozen muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- Cook bacon in large skillet or microwave until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain; reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat from pan.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Then stir cheese into mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk; stir into dry mixture.
- Crumble bacon.
- Add bacon, reserved bacon drippings and melted butter to batter.
- Fold until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.