1/1 Photo of Bacon-Cheddar Muffins
Excellent muffin recipe. I usually make them for a breakfast dish. This recipe is from the "Family Circle" or "Woman's Day" magazine, 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line a dozen muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- 3Cook bacon in large skillet or microwave until crisp.
- 4Transfer to paper towels to drain; reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat from pan.
- 5Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Then stir cheese into mixture.
- 6In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk; stir into dry mixture.
- 7Crumble bacon.
- 8Add bacon, reserved bacon drippings and melted butter to batter.
- 9Fold until blended.
- 10Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- 11Bake about 20 minutes.
- 12Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Cheddar Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (694 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g