Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was served at my sister-in-laws baby shower along with a wonderful salad with balsamic dressing and seasonal fruits. It was so elegant. I had to ask for the recipe it was so delicious! My mother-in-law asked her friend for the recipe and here it is! I couldn't believe how easy it is to make. This is great when you have company staying over and you don't want to be in the kitchen first thing in the morning cooking. You put this together in the evening the night before. Try changing the cheese and toppings with your favorites! Very versatile dish! Enjoy.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish.
- Arrange bread cubes in casserole dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, onion powder, salt and worcestershire sauce. Pour over the bread and cheese in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 1 Hour or until set. (cover if getting too brown on top).
This is really good and easy to make. I omitted the bacon and added spinach and it was still very flavorful. Next time I would add more eggs to cover the bread completely. But really good and simple to make!
Found this to be something different and refreshing as you said. Lots of compliments on this dish. I printed out the recipe and the site they could find more recipes like this and place them in front of my dish at the church dinner.
This is a GREAT make-ahead breakfast casserole that everyone raved about. I did add some chopped onion because be love onions in just about everything. With or without onions, this dish is outstanding and one to certainly please your family and guests. Thanks for sharing, chefRD!