1/1 Photo of Bacon Veggie Frittata
Egg Fritatta with Bacon, and veggies. Substitute whatever veggies you have in the refrigerator if you'd like. I came up with this recipe while having a serious craving (yes im preggers) for fritatta but did not like any of the ones I came accross in cookbooks that I have. My 3 year loves this, mainly because the veggies are chopped so he has no idea. I served it with ketchup and it was a hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in pan and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile in a separte pan cook chopped onion in olive oil.
- 3Place potatoes in microwave safe dish and microwave for about 4 minutes.
- 4Chop cooled bacon.
- 5Preheat broiler.
- 6In a Broiler safe pan whisk together eggs, milk, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 7Add cooked onion, bacon, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes (and whatever other veggies you may want) to pan with egg mixture.
- 8Give mixture a good whisk as to get all ingredients blended and cook over medium heat. As egg cooks lift up edges so egg mixture pours into the botton of the pan making sure the ingredients remain even through the mixture (you may have to mix with a spoon).
- 9Once the mixture is about 75 % cooked remove from heat and place in broiler for about 5 minutes.
- 10Remove from Broiler and cut into pie slices. Place in broiler again for another 5 minutes or until there is a golden brown crispy top.
- 11Remove, reslice and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Veggie Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 262.7 mg
- Sodium 427.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: