Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy breakfast guaranteed to please your family and friends.
Make and share this Baked Apple Cranberry French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- In a small sauce pan, cook brown sugar, butter, and syrup until smooth (sugar dissolved and no longer grainy).
- Pour sugar mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place apple slices and dried cranberries over syrup in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla until completly combined.
- Take 1 inch slices of bread and dip into egg mixture to coat both sides of bread. Then lay in baking dish over apples and cranberries. Repeat with other slices until baking dish is full.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over bread in dish and spread to fill in any places that look "dry".
- Sprinkle a couple more shakes of cinnamon over bread.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Remove, let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve with homemade whip cream.
- NOTE: actual casserole can be made the night before by letting the bread mixture soak overnight and baking it in the morning.
I made this for 100 at my church in 18"x24" pans. I did cut down on the sugar. I also made a gluten free batch and a dairy free batch. They all turned out perfectly-and everyone got to enjoy the same thing. Made it a day ahead and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Served it with a fruit salad and peameal bacon-I'm Canadian!!!. Everyone enjoyed the meal-called it decadent!! Thanks for a great recipe.
This was great! Cut it back a little as I was only serving 2. Also drastically reduced the sugar content, and it turned out wonderfully. Thank you!
I prepared it last night and baked it this morning. Big hit! Excellent! Easy! I'm making it again tonight for more guests tomorrow. The cranberries add some nice colour for the season. I baked it at 350Â°F for about 40 min, and that was enough. I used Texas Toast thickly sliced bread, but might try raisin bread to be extra decadent! Thanks for a great recipe.