A yummy breakfast guaranteed to please your family and friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small sauce pan, cook brown sugar, butter, and syrup until smooth (sugar dissolved and no longer grainy).
- 2Pour sugar mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Place apple slices and dried cranberries over syrup in baking dish.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla until completly combined.
- 5Take 1 inch slices of bread and dip into egg mixture to coat both sides of bread. Then lay in baking dish over apples and cranberries. Repeat with other slices until baking dish is full.
- 6Pour remaining egg mixture over bread in dish and spread to fill in any places that look "dry".
- 7Sprinkle a couple more shakes of cinnamon over bread.
- 8Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 9Remove, let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve with homemade whip cream.
- 10NOTE: actual casserole can be made the night before by letting the bread mixture soak overnight and baking it in the morning.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apple Cranberry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.1 mg
- Sodium 504.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 10.6 g