Finally, a gluten free cereal that is high in fiber, tasty and doesn't cost you $5 a box! This is wonderfully satisfying, similar to All-Bran or Fiber-One cereals, and very easy to make! I created this recipe by modifying a bran flakes recipe I found online so that it would be gluten free (original recipe by Homemaking booket, Mormon Church, 1978 - found at astray.com). Be warned, you don't need to eat much to be full with this cereal (roll it as thin as you can)! NOTE: I am still working on perfecting this recipe (so there may be updates), but just had to share with my fellow celiacs!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients and make a well in the center of the bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in the well, then stir everything together, using your hands to form a ball.
- Place ball of dough on a greased cookie sheet and roll out as thin as possible (I don't recommend air-bake cookie sheets). Optional: At this point you can score the dough with a pizza cutter or knife so that it will easily break apart into uniform shapes when done.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are browned and cereal feels slightly crisp and dry. If not dry, turn oven off and leave in longer.
- Remove from oven and break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container.