Made the day before just sprinkle on topping and place in oven. Hop in the shower and breakfast is ready. A great way to start any day. Baked french toast filled with cheese and blueberries. One of my RSC recipes That I didn't enter. Go figure!
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese or 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (regular sugar equals twice the amount)
- 4 -5 ounces fresh blueberries
- 4 slices challah (or your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk (any will work) or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk (any will work) or 1⁄2 cup whole milk (any will work)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (regular sugar equals twice the amount)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend (regular brown sugar 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared whipped topping
- Warm cheese in microwave oven for 5-10 seconds just to softened; stir in vanilla and splenda.
- Butter a Pyrex Loaf Dish which is just large enough to hold tightly the 2 slices of bread.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the bread and top with blueberries; place the 2 remaining slices of bread on blueberries.
- Mix the flour, salt, eggs, milk, cinnamon, almond extract, and Splenda pour over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Place on counter at room temperature in morning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the soaked bread.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Enjoy topped with whipped cream.
- Optional toppings of syrup, and or yogurt.
- cinnamon and sugar.
- fresh blueberries.
Delicious! I used regular sugar and french bread, as that's what I had on hand... it was amazing. I will definitely make it again, but will probably reserve it for holidays or birthdays. Scrumptious!
Oh, Rita! This was so decadent!! Not too sweet, and the whipped topping was just what was needed! I wasn't able to find challah bread, so had to use French bread. But, I recommend using challah if possible - the results will be so worth it! This recipe is so easy and quick to prepare, but looks impressive when it's served! Thanks for this wonderful recipe that I will be making again and again! It's a winner in my book! :)