1/4 Photos of Bakinbaby's Egg & Mushroom Breakfast
Bacon,mushrooms, red pepper and onions bring excitement to the scrambled egg. If using leftover bacon drippings isn't your thing, you might try olive oil. This has become DH's favorite breakfast. Sometimes I eat one of the pieces of bacon (while DH isn't looking), so if you're like me, plan on cooking more. Adding the cheese and bacon right before serving insures the bacon is crisp and the cheese is barely melted. revision: 7/17/09 per kate's review: at step 5 be ready and prepared to add back in the sauted veggies when eggs are not quite done, certainly not set, but not completely runny, if you let the eggs cook too much, you'll end up with over cooked eggs, no fun!!!! Then right before serving toss/fold in the fried bacon. I'm sorry this was not completley clear in my original posting of the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon till crisp in a 8-10" skillet; drain and cut bacon into 1/2" slices.
- 2Pour off grease and return 1-2 Tbsp (some folks suggest less) bacon grease back into pan and saute' onions & peppers about 5 minutes, stir in mushrooms; continue to cook over low heat until veggies are crisp tender ( not mushy);Place veggie mix in a small dish, set aside.
- 3Wipe skillet clean, add some olive oil to the skillet and scramble eggs.
- 4While the eggs are still soft, stir in cheese, continue cooking until eggs are just beginning to set not runny, but before they are setting up, add veggies, and immediately fold in bacon pieces right before serving.
- 5Serve on individual plates.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bakinbaby's Egg & Mushroom Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.9
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 463.4 mg
- Sodium 612.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 21.4 g