1 hr 15 mins
I made this recipe from Joy of Cooking last night for DH's morning tea at work. His colleagues asked for the recipe, so thought I'd post it here. I didn't get to taste this myself, but I hear it was wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, 350 degrees F.
- 3Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch (6 cup) loaf pan.
- 4Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder together thoroughly.
- 5In a large bowl, beat butter & sugar on high speed until lightened in colour and texture, 2-3 minutes.
- 6Beat in the flour mixture until blended and the consistency of brown sugar.
- 7Gradually beat in eggs.
- 8Fold in bananas and nuts until just combined.
- 9Scrape the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 50-60 minutes Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5-10 mins before unmoulding to cool completely on the rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 327.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g