Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is very easy and turns out so moist and soft. We have made a healthier adaption to it which I have also posted. But really this is the best. It is my Aunt's recipe. You can add nuts to it if you like. Hope you enjoy!
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml milk
- 354.88 ml bananas, mashed
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, milk, and bananas and mix together.
- Add all dry ingredients to batter and mix until the batter is fairly smooth.
- Pour batter into a well greased loaf pan and sprinkle white sugar on the top.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes.
- When it is done a knife inserted in the middle should come out clean.
Awesome! My old banana bread was tasty but dense, and the loaf was only about 2 inches tall. I was looking for a new recipe that would fill the pan & rise high, noticed the baking powder and more flour in this recipe, and sure enough it's a winner. Very tender & cakelike with great flavor...and sprinkling the top with sugar -- genius!! That made a nice sweet & crunchy top. Thank you!
This was very good and very easy. My hubby, who is not a banana fan, even liked it because it was not TOO banana-y! Perfect amount of sweet and perfect amount of bananas, neither over the top. I'll be keeping this one!
Very good and easy to make. I had some bananas that needed to be used and we love banana bread. I used three bananas and followed the rest of the recipe exactly as written. I have a convection oven and I cooked mine at 300 for one hour and ten minutes and it was perfect. Made for ZWT5.