1/2 Photos of Banana Chocolate Chip Scones
These are very good! I have included two different ways of presenting the scones. One is easy and the other is just plain decadent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter or 12 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup banana yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chip
Chocolate Cream Cheese
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package whipped cream cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Combine the first 5 ingredients in bowl.
- 3Cut in the butter until the size of peas.
- 4Add the yogurt or sour cream, egg yolk, bananas and chocolate chips.
- 5Combine into ball. Flour a surface and knead gently until it comes together.
- 6Grease a cookie sheet. Place ball in centre of sheet and pat down to form a disk, about 2 1/2 inches high (approx).
- 7Cut dough in half and then in half the other way (now you have 4 pieces. Now repeat again. So now you have 8 triangles.
- 8Pull trianges out from each other so they are not touching too much. This will give you lots of nice crust.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes. Time depends on how thick you made the scones. To test for doneness -- check the centres where they touch. If firm, they should be done.
- 10For Chocolate Glaze:.
- 11When scones are done, put some mini choco chips on top of the scones. Leave for 5 minutes, then spread over top.
- 13For Chocolate Cream Cheese:.
- 14Heat chocolate and cream until chocolate is melted.
- 15Cool to room temperature.
- 16Stir into whipped cream cheese.
- 17Serve along side scones. YUMMY!
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Chocolate Chip Scones
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.7
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 594.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: