Banana muffins made with both fresh bananas and Banana Nut Crunch® cereal then topped with a crunchy sweet streusal topping. The recipe is from Post®
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups post Banana Nut Crunch cereal
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup post Banana Nut Crunch cereal, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, brown sugar, and oil; add flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy) then stir in cereal and banana.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray or lined with paper muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Combine remaining cereal, brown sugar, and cinnamon; drizzle melted butter over cereal mixture and stir until crumbly; sprinkle topping evenly over muffins.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden-brown.
These muffins turned out pretty good! And not a whole lot of fat in them! You might want to double the topping ingredients because I thought that there was not nearly as much to go around for all the muffin tops. All in all this was pretty yummy, thanks for sharing!