A nice little muffin recipe that came in a flyer in the mail. Use ripe bananas for the best flavor. If you want to make sure your baking powder is fresh, test by mixing 1 teaspoon with 1/3 cup hot water--if it doesn't foam, the baking powder is stale and should not be used.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 18 standard muffin pan cups (or use paper liners).
- Beat butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananans until smooth.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Alternately stir flour mixture and buttermilk into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Do not overmix batter; it should not be completely smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.