1/4 Photos of Banana Pecan Muffins
A nice little muffin recipe that came in a flyer in the mail. Use ripe bananas for the best flavor. If you want to make sure your baking powder is fresh, test by mixing 1 teaspoon with 1/3 cup hot water--if it doesn't foam, the baking powder is stale and should not be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 18 standard muffin pan cups (or use paper liners).
- 2Beat butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Beat in bananans until smooth.
- 5Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- 6Alternately stir flour mixture and buttermilk into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- 7Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- 8Do not overmix batter; it should not be completely smooth.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling two-thirds full.
- 10Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 11Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pecan Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 243.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g