Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice little muffin recipe that came in a flyer in the mail. Use ripe bananas for the best flavor. If you want to make sure your baking powder is fresh, test by mixing 1 teaspoon with 1/3 cup hot water--if it doesn't foam, the baking powder is stale and should not be used.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 18 standard muffin pan cups (or use paper liners).
- Beat butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananans until smooth.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Alternately stir flour mixture and buttermilk into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Do not overmix batter; it should not be completely smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
OMG! These are a party in your mouth. The banana, pecans, and buttermilk are the perfect combination of flavors. My family loves this recipe and it's been added to my cookbook. Thanks for sharing.
Delicious muffins! Buttermilk keeps them moist. Pecans are a great addition too. I made 12 regular sized muffins and 12 mini ones. I baked the larger ones as instructed at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, and their sides were dark brown. I baked the mini ones at 375 for 20 minutes or so, and their sides were pale golden brown. I wanted to compare temperature and times, but after I ate a muffin from one batch and then one from the other, I couldn't decide. So I had to taste-test again...and the next morning yet again; you get the picture. Great muffin, either way you bake it! Thanks, Sharlene~W!
Very good!!. Nice banana flavor. I cut the sugar down to 3/4 cup and made 6 giant muffins. Next time I will use about 2/3 cup brown sugar instead of white, I like the flavor brown sugar gives to muffins. They would be good with raisins as well. I baked for 25 min and they were perfect. Thanks for posting a tasty recipe.