This is the best banana bread ever. The sour cream really gives it something extra. Once you use this recipe you will throw out all your other banana bread recipes.
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- I know four loaves is a lot, but remember you can freeze this.