This is the best banana bread ever. The sour cream really gives it something extra. Once you use this recipe you will throw out all your other banana bread recipes.
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- I know four loaves is a lot, but remember you can freeze this.
So easy and so moist. We have made it twice and it turned out great both times. Made for I recommend.
So moist and so delicious!! I reduced the recipe to make 3 loaves (I only had 4 banana's), which resulted in two 9X5 loaves. I also used low fat sour cream and egg beaters for the eggs. I don't think the substitutions made one bit of difference. You would never know that this was low fat! The recipe was so easy. This is probably the best banana bread I have tried! This will be my go-to recipe from now on. Thank you for sharing!
Wonderful recipe! As previous reviewers said, it's easy and delicious! I got three loaves: two 8x4 and one 9x5, and they all popped out of the pan so easily! I use a product alled Wilton Cake Release, and my pans are Chicago Metallic, which I have found are so much better than the sort of pan you buy at Wal-Mart, for example. This is definately going to be my go-to banana bread loaf now! I loved the topping, too - it gave the top such a lovely crunch. Thanks so much for posting, Seesko!