Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple, tasty basic granola recipe. I like this just as it is, but you can also mix up the ingredients. Some ideas: Substitute nuts for dried fruit or berries; use half almonds and half broken pecans; use half pecans and half dried cherries; omit the coconut and replace with the same amount of oats. You get the idea. This makes more than the recipe lets on, so you may have to use two cookie sheets. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a huge bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended, evenly coating all pieces.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered in giant container or zip lock bags.
This came out VERY tasty, but then again i love granola...:) I used blackberry honey, and only 1/4 cup oil. I added about 1 cup dried organic blueberries, some golden flax seed and sesame seeds too. Came out wonderfully ~ can't wait to eat it with my yogurt. Made for PAC SPRING 2009.