Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking for Engineers (http://www.cookingforengineers.com/) Tip: If you want to add fillings (e.g. berries) add them after you've poured the batter onto the griddle.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the large bowl and whisk just enough to combine thoroughly. (Don't over-whisk, or the pancake will be tough. It's ok if there're some lumps left in the batter. When you cook it it'll smooth out.).
- Heat the griddle until a few drops of water tossed onto the surface runs around frantically.
- Melt a pad of butter onto the griddle and, using a paper towel, rub the butter around until it evenly coats the pan and lubricates it.
- Scoop 1/3 cups of batter onto the griddle to make a pancake.
- Cook the first side until bubbles cover the pancake surface and begin to pop, then flip the pancake over.
- Once the second side has lightly browned (about half the time it takes to cook the first side), remove and serve.