From Cooking for Engineers (http://www.cookingforengineers.com/) Tip: If you want to add fillings (e.g. berries) add them after you've poured the batter onto the griddle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2In another bowl, whisk the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- 3Pour the mixture into the large bowl and whisk just enough to combine thoroughly. (Don't over-whisk, or the pancake will be tough. It's ok if there're some lumps left in the batter. When you cook it it'll smooth out.).
- 4Heat the griddle until a few drops of water tossed onto the surface runs around frantically.
- 5Melt a pad of butter onto the griddle and, using a paper towel, rub the butter around until it evenly coats the pan and lubricates it.
- 6Scoop 1/3 cups of batter onto the griddle to make a pancake.
- 7Cook the first side until bubbles cover the pancake surface and begin to pop, then flip the pancake over.
- 8Once the second side has lightly browned (about half the time it takes to cook the first side), remove and serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Pancake Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 282.9 mg
- Sodium 1017.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 22.1 g