Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My grandma's recipe. These come out plate size and thin. You put any choice of toppings on and roll up and eat. This is a German heritage recipe.
- Mix all ingredients; don't over beat. Mix may have some lumps.
- Heat skillet and melt butter.
- Pour about 1/2 cup mix in circle into skillet and fry until bubbly.
- Turn over and fry until light brown.
- Top with syrup, powdered sugar, apple sauce, nuts, chocolate chips, whipped cream or any such ingredient and roll up.
- Eat in a roll.
These turned out amazing and delicious! I filled them with strawberry filling I made from frozen strawberries cooked down with sugar and cornstarch added to make it sweet and thickened; then I topped them with some sour cream mixed with a bit of sugar and vanilla to taste. So much yum going on here!!
I have no clue how to cook and on my first try these came out almost perfect!! delicious easy recipe with no weird ingredients.
As being raised by a german mother, Mom would make these for us kids and spread jelly jam or preserves in it then roll it up, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top or powdered sugar or make powdered cinnamon sugar which were the best to me... MMMM YUM