Adapted from the Churchill House(Bed and Breakfast)in Brandon, Vermont, They say this is their number one requested recipe! I have changed the recipe slightly. These are golden brown and crispy on the outside and tangy and creamy on the inside! The Bed and Breakfast got this recipe from Gourmet magazine, 2005.
- Separate eggs. Beat whites till you have stiff peaks.
- Mix cottage cheese, flour, melted butter, and egg yolks into a slightly lumpy batter in a bowl.
- Fold in egg whites until incorporated.
- Pour in and coat pan with 1 tbls. oil.
- Pour batter with 1/4 cup measuring cup onto a very hot greased griddle. Cook several minutes, until golden, then turn over and cook several more minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
- To make for a larger crowd, work in batches. They will keep warm on a platter in a 200 degree oven.