Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. From Barry Vera on sbs.com.au. Moroccan cuisine. Fresh coriander is aka cilantro.
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 10 tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Heat your tagine on the stove and add some olive oil with the onion and cook slowly for about 5 minutes, add the spices and cook for a further 3 minutes, this releases the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander then simmer for about 10-15 minutes, make sure you stir occasionally and reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Remove from the heat and pour the beaten eggs over the sauce, cover with the tagine lid and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until it lightly puffs and sets.
- To serve, season well and drizzle with a little olive oil.
I had a delicious breakfast this morning with this recipe. I was only serving myself so I made 1 serving in a small ceramic dish that I covered with foil for the baking. After tasting I thought I;d like a bit of couscous on the side but had already made toast. Excellent and will made again.
This recipe is very good, but we liked it better after adding a little bit of ground red pepper.