Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
WHEATFREE/DAIRYFREE/EGGFREE. SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS. Breakfast/Powerbar - I created this myself as an energy snack for my 6'1" fifteen year old health conscious son. Kids love them. Great HRT bar too! Really easy to make. Will keep minimum 2 weeks in sealed container.
- Bring apples to boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until soft.
- Melt margarine, sugar & syrup in a large saucepan, then remove from heat.
- Add berries to hot mixture to allow time to plump up.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Pat into 30cm x 20cm (12" x 8")pan.
- Bake @ 180c for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15mins before cutting and removing from pan onto cooling rack.
Who would think that a power bar could be sooooo tasty! Prepared this today ~~ DH & I loved it. Especially since it was still warm! I could not find shaved Brazil nuts so I used slivered almonds. I would definately make it again. Thank you Nellabella! PAC Spring 2009