This is a recipe from The Muffin Lady cookbook, that I changed a little bit. It makes a delicious, bakery style muffin. I use a frozen berry mix, and the combination is heavenly.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Mix in the eggs, oil, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Fold in your choice of berries.
- (I get a blend of frozen berries at my grocery store--raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries. These make a great mixed berry muffin,and they're much more economical than fresh. But use what you have) Pour into lightly greased, standard 12 muffin pan, or large 6 muffin pan.
- (Tip-an ice cream scoop makes easy work of this task, and muffins are the same size.) Bake for 30-40 minutes, start checking at 30 minutes or so.
- Cool in pan on rack for about 5 minutes, then turn on out on rack to cool.