I purchased a waffle maker at a thrift shop for a dollar. My daughter wanted me to make waffles so I told her to find me a recipe in one of my many cookbooks. She found this one in American Cooking. These are very light and wonderful tasting and can easily be frozen.
- Beat egg yolks and add one cup of the buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to the egg mixture.
- Add the other cup of buttermilk and the melted butter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Bake on you waffle iron until golden brown.