1/1 Photo of Best Waffles Ever
Gail Stines's Note:
These waffles are very light. If I have any extra waffles, I put them in a zip lock bag and freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the eggs out of the refrigerator at least an hour before preparing the waffles.
- 2Separate the eggs immediately.
- 3Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Beat the egg yolks with the regular milk or buttermilk, butter and vanilla.
- 5Combine the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- 6Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 7Add a small amount of the egg white into the batter to lighten it up, then fold in the remainder.
- 8Be careful not to overmix.
- 9Heat waffle iron.
- 10Grease lightly and spoon enough batter to nearly cover the surface.
- 11Batter will spread once you close the waffle iron.
- 12Cook until done.
- 13Serve with your favorite waffle toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Waffles Ever
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 163.3 mg
- Sodium 527.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g