Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These waffles are very light. If I have any extra waffles, I put them in a zip lock bag and freeze.
Make and share this Best Waffles Ever recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (I use a little more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator at least an hour before preparing the waffles.
- Separate the eggs immediately.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat the egg yolks with the regular milk or buttermilk, butter and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add a small amount of the egg white into the batter to lighten it up, then fold in the remainder.
- Be careful not to overmix.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Grease lightly and spoon enough batter to nearly cover the surface.
- Batter will spread once you close the waffle iron.
- Cook until done.
- Serve with your favorite waffle toppings.
This Recipe was wonderful. My family ate it up and then wanted more.
The are the best waffles ever
Yummmmmy. I have never added cinnamon to my waffles before. It gave it a nice added flavor. I served these with strawberry sauce and maple syrup. Delicious. This is my new waffle recipe.....shhhhh, don't tell grandma....LOL Stephanie