1/9 Photos of Bethie's Eggs
I was craving Huevos Rancheros but didn't have the stuff. So I made this up. The kids loved it so I thought I'd get it submitted before I forgot what I did! We couldn't think of a name so I just named it after myself. ;) I think it would be a nice brunch dish. This of course can be modified to suit your own tastes. This was a bit zippy with only 1 jalapeno. I used preshredded mexican cheese but whatever makes you happiest will work just fine. I might add some hot sauce next time - jalapeno or chipotle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in oil over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic & jalapen;, saute until softened.
- 3Add tomatoes, salt & pepper; Cook until reduced & thick.
- 4Crack eggs into a small bowl & set carefully over tomato mixture.
- 5Sprinkle with chili powder.
- 6Cover & cook on low about 5 minutes or until barely set.
- 7Sprinkle on cheese, cover & cook another few minutes until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bethie's Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.6
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 195.0 mg
- Sodium 516.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g