I was craving Huevos Rancheros but didn't have the stuff. So I made this up. The kids loved it so I thought I'd get it submitted before I forgot what I did! We couldn't think of a name so I just named it after myself. ;) I think it would be a nice brunch dish. This of course can be modified to suit your own tastes. This was a bit zippy with only 1 jalapeno. I used preshredded mexican cheese but whatever makes you happiest will work just fine. I might add some hot sauce next time - jalapeno or chipotle.
- Saute onion in oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic & jalapen;, saute until softened.
- Add tomatoes, salt & pepper; Cook until reduced & thick.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl & set carefully over tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Cover & cook on low about 5 minutes or until barely set.
- Sprinkle on cheese, cover & cook another few minutes until cheese is melted.