Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A nice breakfast bread from Southern Living. The blackberries may fresh or frozen
Make and share this Blackberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl;
- Stir in blackberries.
- Whisk together sugar and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
This bread was very easy to make. I used frozen berries that I had drained really well. I took it to church, and everyone told me it was good. I will keep this recipe handy since I have lots of blackberries.
I did use frozen blackberries this time around since I didn't want to spend the money on very expensive fresh ones! The berries, along with the lemon, made a great flavor combo, & I was almost willing to add a thin lemon glaze to the loaf, but I didn't this time! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
So easy and yummy! I had a 9x5 loaf pan and only had to cook it for an hour. I used fresh berries and some were quite tangy. A great blend of sweet and tangy! Will definitely use this recipe again :)