I love Dutch babies or oven baked pancakes. This blueberry one is a little different from the usual apple recipe. The honey whipped cream cheese is really good.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (individually frozen) or 1 cup frozen blueberries (individually frozen)
Honey Whipped Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional) or 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- Place the butter in an ovenproof skillet with rounded sides.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F Put the rack in the center, not the top, shelf. When you turn the oven on, place the pan with the butter in the oven. When the oven reaches 250 degrees the butter should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Whisk the eggs and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Whisk in the flour until nearly smooth. Your batter is now ready.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown. Serve hot with Honey Whipped Cream Cheese.
- Honey Whipped Cream Cheese: Place all three ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until soft and smooth.
This was ok. I could taste the salt. Not enough milk, this came out a little dense and almost chewy. I cooked this in my cast iron, and it popped right out. I don't mind cooked blueberries, but when they are in season I will be using fresh. I baked this in 425 oven for 20 minutes.
Made today for Christmas breakfast. Kids, Grandkids, and the cooks (my wife and I) all enjoyed these immensely. Cooked in a cast iron skillet which moved easily in and out of the oven. Also served with Smucker's Simply Fruit blueberries on the side to top off the tasty honey whipped cream cheese topping. Thank you so much for a wonderful breakfast.
Great breakfast treat---fruity but not overly sweet, even with the wonderful cream cheese topping. I will definitely be having this often!