These are just too darn good not to share. Dave thought these were the best waffles he had ever tasted. They are very quick and easy to prepare.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spray waffle iron with Pam.
- Pour approximately 1 cup of batter onto a preheated waffle iron.
- Cook until steaming stops and waffles are nicely browned and crisp.
These were very good! I did as Bayhill suggested and used 2 cups of berries and lemon extract instead of the vanilla. I also topped them with Quick Blueberry Sauce #301751. Just make sure your waffle iron is greased well or the blueberries will stick to it.
Delicious! We loved these light, crispy waffles. I had an overabundance of blueberries from a trip to the local pick-your-own blueberry farm, so I added 2 cups instead of 1 cup. That amount of blueberries worked perfectly for us. Also, instead of vanilla, I used lemon extract. I love the combination of lemon and blueberries...yum. I topped these waffles with Quick Blueberry Sauce #301751 which sent them over the top. Thank you ~Nimz~ for sharing this keeper recipe.
A heaping cup of blueberries worked well for me. Super waffles, thanks!