1/4 Photos of Blueberry French Toast
1 hr 30 mins
Susan Dillard's Note:
I got this recipe from a good friend and have fixed it several times, it is always a big hit. Notes: Prep time is actual hands on time, it needs to sit overnight and take out of refrigerator 30 min. before baking. I have fixed this without cubing bread and it works fine. Also, you may wish to decrease cream cheese to 1 package instead of two. I have fixed it both ways. I think 1 package is plenty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or 1/3 cup honey
- 1Place half of bread cubes in greased 9"x13" baking dish (enough to thoroughly cover bottom of baking dish).
- 2Cut cream cheese into 1-inch cubes; place over bread.
- 3Top with blueberries and remaining bread.
- 4Beat eggs, milk, syrup or honey together and pour over bread.
- 5Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 6Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 7Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minute. Uncover and bake 25-30 minute more or until golden brown and the center is set.
- 8In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; add water.
- 9Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes, stirring.
- 10Stir in blueberries; reduce heat.
- 11Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until berries burst.
- 12Stir in butter until melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.2
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 522.6 mg
- Sodium 760.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 25.1 g