1/2 Photos of Blueberry French Toast Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
This is in NO WAY healthy or good for your body, but I might argue it's very good for your soul. Great for make ahead occasions, potlucks and brunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup blueberries (I use more)
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1Cut bread into 1-inch cubes; place half in greased (I use pam) 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2Cut cream cheese into 1-inch cubes; place over bread.
- 3Top with blueberries and remaining bread.
- 4In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and syrup- mix well.
- 5Pour over bread mixture, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 6Cover and chill 8 hours (I've done it for 24 before) or overnight.
- 7Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- 8Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 9In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, add water.
- 10Bring to boil over medium neat; boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 11Stir in blueberries; reduce heat.
- 12Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries have burst.
- 13Stir in butter until melted.
- 14Uncover and bake for 30 more minutes or until golden brown and the center is set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 851.5
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 522.6 mg
- Sodium 761.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 57.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g