1/2 Photos of Blueberry Muffin Tops
1 hr 18 mins
Everyone always seems to love just the muffin tops! I go back and forth between loving the tops or the whole muffin and this recipe can be used to make either. I wanted to find a recipe after I had a "muffie" at panera and found this on Epicurious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/8 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (12 oz)
- 1Special equipment: 2 muffin-top pans, each with 6 (4- by 1/2-inch) muffin-top cups (1/2-cup capacity)*; or regular muffin pans Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place rack in top third of oven.
- 3Generously butter muffin pans.
- 4Melt butter in a small saucepan over moderately low heat, then remove from heat.
- 5Whisk in milk, then whisk in whole egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined well.
- 6Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, then add milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- 7Fold in blueberries.
- 8Divide batter among 12 muffin cups, spreading evenly.
- 9Make topping and bake muffins: Use fingertips to combine topping ingredients until crumbly.
- 10Sprinkle evenly over batter in cups.
- 11Bake until golden, about 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pans on a rack 15 minutes, then run a knife around edge of each muffin top and carefully remove from cups.
- 13Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Muffin Tops
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g