Blueberry pancakes are perfect for a summer breakfast when blueberries are in season. Original recipe printed in Bon Appetit (June, 1981).
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- blueberries (garnish) (optional)
- powdered sugar (garnish) (optional)
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in milk, egg, oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Preheat skillet and grease lightly.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake on hot skillet.
- Cook pancakes 3-5 minutes, turning once when bubbles form.
- Garnish with blueberries and powdered sugar.