Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I use a bread machine to make the dough and bake it in the oven for an excellent, light bread for sandwiches and toast! I am sure that you could finish it in the bread machine, but I prefer to bake it in the oven.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Place ingredients in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Utilize the whole wheat dough cycle.
- Spray loaf pan with olive oil spray.
- Form bread dough into greased loaf pan, Let Rise again. Cover with warm damp cotton cloth and place in a warm place.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 33 minutes.
- When baked, remove from pan and rub crust with cold stick of butter.
Another winner! Great flavor, texture and crust. Great with a bowl of soup. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
Made this in the BM on dough cycle. Then made into small loaves. This is great bread. I didn't have bulgar wheat so used barley flakes. It was very good bread.