1/2 Photos of Bread Machine Cracked Wheat & Flax Seed Bread
3 hrs 15 mins
Chef Joyous's Note:
I use a bread machine to make the dough and bake it in the oven for an excellent, light bread for sandwiches and toast! I am sure that you could finish it in the bread machine, but I prefer to bake it in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Place ingredients in the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- 2Utilize the whole wheat dough cycle.
- 3Spray loaf pan with olive oil spray.
- 4Form bread dough into greased loaf pan, Let Rise again. Cover with warm damp cotton cloth and place in a warm place.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 33 minutes.
- 6When baked, remove from pan and rub crust with cold stick of butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Cracked Wheat & Flax Seed Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 272.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten