These are great to have in the freezer when you don't have time to make a real breakfast in the morning. Try substituting other breakfast meats (ham, bacon, turkey sausage) to suit your personal preference.
- Scramble eggs, cooking to a dry consistancy. Cool and put in a mixing bowl.
- Brown sausage, drain fat and cool. Add to the eggs.
- Saute vegetables until they have released their liquid and it has evaporated. Cool, add to egg mixture.
- Add the salsa and cheese, mix to combine.
- Heat tortillas briefly to soften. Scoop 1/3-1/2 cup of filling into each tortilla and roll up.
- Place each burrito in a zip-top sandwich bag and seal, squeezing out all air. Place burritos in a freezer safe container and freeze.
- To reheat, remove frozen burrito from the sandwich bag, place on a microwave safe plate, and cook on full power until heated through, 1 - 1 1/2 minutes.
Great tasty breakfast burritos! Mine were actually tacos as I used the smaller sized whole wheat tortillas. I don't care for onion so left it out. These made a great quick "breakfast-for-dinner" meal - thanks for sharing the recipe!
A lovely breakfast treat! I sauteed off the peppers ( I used red and green) and threw in a few jalapenos from a jar too,as we like a bit of heat.I then added the egg to the mixture to scramble,then threw in the cooked sausage and some chopped cooked bacon-making it a real one pan wonder. Rolled it all up with the cheese and salsa,and bingo...one yummy breakfast!! We really enjoyed these,and can see these becoming a weekend habit..woo hoo!!!
*Drool* Love these! I added dill to the eggs and garlic to the sausage. I also threw in about 1 cup of cooked ham. Rolled them in whole wheat garlic pesto tortillas. Had to sneak one now, but can't wait til breakfast tomorrow!