Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids get excited--cookies for breakfast!
Make and share this Breakfast Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flaked whole grain cereal (such as Wheaties or Total)
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with oil).
- Using a rolling pin, gently crush the cereal (in a sealed plastic bag) into coarsely crushed flakes. Alternatively, you can quickly pulse the cereal in a food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Flour Blend, crushed cereal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, oil, vanilla, and ricotta cheese. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Drop single tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, leaving about an inch between cookies. Flatten cookies with the back of a fork and then sprinkle tops generously with cinnamon sugar (or just sugar if your kids don’t like the cinnamon flavor).
- Bake about 18 to 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and crispy around the edges.
I've been looking for a healthy breakfast item that my daughter will eat, and I do believe this recipe is it! These are quite tasty. I used bran flakes for the cereal, and oatmeal instead of wheat germ. Thanks so much.
I can't keep my son from eating the entire batch! Forget about waiting until morning! :) This is certainly a hit in our house. Thanks!
These were actually pretty good! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. They would make a great cookie for on the run. I used Total cereal, oat flour, Splenda sugars, fat free cottage cheese instead of ricotta & applesauce for the oil. I grab one to curb my hunger when that hour to dinnertime feels just too far away! They are so super healthy & delicious. Thank u for sharing!