zoe,owen,andliams mommy's Note:
My kids get excited--cookies for breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flaked whole grain cereal (such as Wheaties or Total)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with oil).
- 2Using a rolling pin, gently crush the cereal (in a sealed plastic bag) into coarsely crushed flakes. Alternatively, you can quickly pulse the cereal in a food processor.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Flour Blend, crushed cereal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, oil, vanilla, and ricotta cheese. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Drop single tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, leaving about an inch between cookies. Flatten cookies with the back of a fork and then sprinkle tops generously with cinnamon sugar (or just sugar if your kids don’t like the cinnamon flavor).
- 4Bake about 18 to 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and crispy around the edges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 118.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain cereal