Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My kids get excited--cookies for breakfast!
Make and share this Breakfast Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flaked whole grain cereal (such as Wheaties or Total)
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with oil).
- Using a rolling pin, gently crush the cereal (in a sealed plastic bag) into coarsely crushed flakes. Alternatively, you can quickly pulse the cereal in a food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Flour Blend, crushed cereal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, oil, vanilla, and ricotta cheese. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Drop single tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets, leaving about an inch between cookies. Flatten cookies with the back of a fork and then sprinkle tops generously with cinnamon sugar (or just sugar if your kids don’t like the cinnamon flavor).
- Bake about 18 to 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and crispy around the edges.