My cousin started this recipe when we were Tweens and I kept on making it when I moved away. Now I work as a cook and I have to make this everytime I work for co-workers and customers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a frying pan over medium heat cook bacon until 1/2 cooked, drain off the fat. You only want to drain when half cooked because it add so much flavor to the end dish.
- 2Add mushrooms, green pepper and green onion. Saute a couple minutes, stirring from time to time.
- 3When you are ready to add the rice the bacon should be almost fully cooked Add rice, sprinkle on garlic powder, and soy sauce, add beaten egg, and stir occasionally until rice is hot and egg is cooked.
- 4Don't be too shy with the garlic powder, It adds a lot of flavor, actually when I make it for myself I prefer more garlic powder than my serving dish. One cashier likes it with out the soy and garlic another with out soy. The one who likes it plain eats hers with tabasco sauce. I usually shake it all over the rice, then same with the soy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.0
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 207.7 mg
- Sodium 344.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.2 g