1/4 Photos of Breakfast Granola
2 hrs 20 mins
My family loves this granola! We usually mix about 1/4-1/3 cup of it in a smoothie for breakfast every morning because it tastes so great with the smoothie and it lasts us a couple of weeks this way. Tastes great on its own or mixed with your favorite cereal also. You can also add some raisins after its finished baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 cup coconut
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped almonds (or whatever else you have on hand) or 1 cup pecans (or whatever else you have on hand) or 1 cup walnuts (or whatever else you have on hand)
- 1 cup water
- nutmeg, to taste
- 1Mix coconut, oats, wheat germ, salt, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add honey, vanilla, oil, and water.
- 3Mix well again squishing and compacting with both hands.
- 4Place granola on 2 cooking pans, can make some clumps and some flat, and cook at 150°C (300°F).
- 5Take granola out every 10-15 minutes to mix on pan so it doesn't burn.
- 6Cook until dry and has started to turn slightly brown throughout. Can take 1-2 hours (or more) to bake (I usually double the recipe and cook on 4 pans throughout the day to have more stored because of the long cooking time).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Granola
Serving Size: 1 (1381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 939.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g