Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I couldn't find this recipe on Recipezaar - I was surprised because it's become a family favorite for our Easter brunch every year.
- 453.59 g breakfast sausage, bulk
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml milk (do not use skim or fat free)
- 453.59 g frozen hash brown potatoes
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml rosemary
- 295.73 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Cook sausage in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, breaking into small pieces with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Mix in flour, then milk. Cook until mixture thickens and comes to boil, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Layer potatoes in prepared dish. Top with 1/3 of green onions, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 of green onions, sausage mixture, sprinkle the herbs on top, and the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake casserole until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and serve.
I was looking for something to make for our family Easter brunch this year, and this dish didn't disappoint. It was very good. We like things a little spicy, so next time I make it I think I will try a spicier sausage. Delicious! Thanks for sharing.