This is just so simple and versatile. You can put anything in it you like. Make more to go with it or not. DH and I like it just this way because it can be filling depending on what you put in it. Seasonings are to your taste. I change them all the time depending on what I add to these. The more servings you need, you can add extra of any of the ingredients. This is also a budget stretcher. Cooking time does not include adding more than ingredients listed. If you use meat, be sure to precook it first and drain.
- Cooking the starter:.
- Heat skillet with olive oil till hot.
- Add tater tots and onion.
- As tater tots and onion cook, break tots up with turner until they resemble hash browns.
- When they are hot and onion is done, remove to bowl and keep warm.
- Mix eggs with milk or water and pour into the hot skillet. Cook on medium heat.
- Cook eggs scraping the bottom of pan as they cook to scramble them.
- When eggs are just about done, add your tater tot mixture and mix with eggs.
- Let eggs finish cooking. Shut off burner and mix cheese lightly into eggs.
- I use cheddar cheese.
- Adding other ingredients:.
- While tater tots and onions are cooking add any other ingredients you like.
- Add them in the order going from the ones that take the longest to cook to the shortest amount of time to cook.
- Cut small items into small bite size pieces.
- Left overs work great for this.