Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Breakfast Sushi recipe from Food.com.
- Lay seaweed sheet on a flat surface with the long side closest to you.
- Gently spread a light layer of salsa over entire sheet.
- At one inch from the edge of the sheet, add ingredients in layers. It should make a line parallel to the long side of the seaweed.
- Starting from the edge closest to the you, gently fold seaweed sheet over filling, lightly pressing to form a roll. Continue rolling.
- Slice roll in one inch pieces. Each roll should make from 6 to 8 finished rolls.
- Tip: Place some plastic wrap down on your work surface before you lay the nori down. It prevents it from sticking to anything. Plus, when it comes time to roll, use the plastic to stop your hands from sticking.
What a wonderful idea! I love sushi, so I couldn't wait to try this. I actually fried the egg as an omelette in a square pan so it was more or less the size of the nori sheet. I didn't measure out the eggs, just used one, which was enough to make a thin egg layer on the nori. Then I spread on the salsa (actually, matbucha). I used vegetarian sausage cut cooked and then cut into thin strips, left out the home fries altogether. I wrap my bamboo roller in plastic wrap all the time, keeps it clean and it helps with rolling the nori up into a sushi roll. Delicious! I'm just upset I didn't think of this idea first! ;-)