Tender, flaky, and "melt in your mouth" biscuits.
Make and share this Buttermilk Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Using fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles course meal with some tiny bits of shortening still visible.
- Add buttermilk and toss with fork until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Turn out onto floured board and with a floured dough scraper gently toss dough to coat with flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Pat dough into a disk and fold one half over onto the other half.
- Pat out to about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Using a floured 2-inch cutter stamp out biscuits (meaning cut straight down and up without twisting or turning cutter).
- Place biscuits onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until biscuits are light golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you don't have buttermilk you can use regular milk and omit the baking soda. They just wont be buttermilk biscuits.