1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Biscuits
Tender, flaky, and "melt in your mouth" biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In medium mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- 3Using fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles course meal with some tiny bits of shortening still visible.
- 4Add buttermilk and toss with fork until mixture forms a soft dough.
- 5Turn out onto floured board and with a floured dough scraper gently toss dough to coat with flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- 6Pat dough into a disk and fold one half over onto the other half.
- 7Pat out to about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thickness.
- 8Using a floured 2-inch cutter stamp out biscuits (meaning cut straight down and up without twisting or turning cutter).
- 9Place biscuits onto ungreased baking sheet.
- 10Bake for about 12 minutes or until biscuits are light golden brown. Serve immediately.
- 11Note: If you don't have buttermilk you can use regular milk and omit the baking soda. They just wont be buttermilk biscuits.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 314.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g